Choosing the right surveyor can be a difficult task and ‘partnership’ is an oft-overused word. But working in true partnership with a valuer delivers the best results and successful outcomes for brokers, lenders and customers alike. It enables deals to happen, even in the most challenging environments.
So what should you look for in your ideal valuer? Here are the top five tips from Robert Sterling Surveyors:
• Expertise – always look to work with a valuer dedicated to serving the needs of Bridging Professionals and with a proven track record. Ask for examples of the work they do and references from clients they serve.
• Speed of response – in the Bridging and Commercial Lending sector, speed of response is everything to making a deal happen. Look for a valuer that sets clear and unambiguous Service Level Agreements (SLAs), where a 48-hour turnaround from the inspection date is the norm, rather than the exception!
• Cost – fixed costs means you always know what you are going to have to pay but costs on a case-by-case basis may be much fairer based on the level of work involved. Whichever, make sure all costs and any pricing structure are transparent.
• Communication – work with a valuer whose surveyors are accessible and not remote and who can give you straightforward, honest answers to your questions – even if you might not like the answer!
• Passion – it is not the size or brand of the surveyor that is important, but to what extent they actually care about their business and the services they deliver. Solutions can often be found to the most complex issues and that means finding a valuer that is both flexible and adaptable to your needs.
To find out more about Robert Sterling Surveyors, call us on 0845 838 0930